Saturday, February 28, 2009

A CItizen of Canine Goodness

I am a Canine Good Citizen. Just check out my collar...


I have learned a real lot over the last year when I've lived in this old house with my person and my pack. The people who brought me here to this place said I was real scared when I got here and that mostly I crawled on my belly and didn't want to look at people too much. But I don't really remember that cause now I love to be a good girl and make people laugh and sometimes jhump (that's how I spell it but my person says it's supposed to be spelled "jump") on them to see if they have a cookie for me. Me and my person have been doing this thing called school every week since I came here and sometimes at school I sit and stay and sometimes I fly over jhumps and sometimes I weave in these poles and I am always really good around other dogs like me cause I really like dogs and cats, too.
But last week my person said we had an important test and so I got real serious (that is SO hard for me cause my person says silly is my middle name). Anyway we met this nice lady, Bev, who petted me and touched my ears and my feet and brushed me and stuff and then I sat and stayed and walked with my person and stuff, and all of a sudden I was this thing called a Canine Good Citizen. Ha!

All my teachers, Catherine and Glenn and Nancy are all so cool and have helped me so much. And the lady who gave the special test, Bev, is so cool, too and I really liked her. And all the people who are so nice to me are so awesome and make me feel so happy and remind me that this is a real good life.

I love being a good citizen but now I'm real tired (see my picture with my brother, Pig).


Thank you, everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jhumpa - You are a true inspiration .... we heard your tag says you are a little engine that could and we think that is the truest thing we have ever heard.

Your NH cousin, Big Mama Jubilee, is hoping to follow your lead and pass her CGC (and maybe even her TDI!) next Saturday.

Thank you for showing us what we can do when we put our hearts and minds to it!!!!

Burning Moon said...

That is so incredible. Congratulations Jhumpa. You are a credit to our breed. I hope someday I will be half as great as you.

Princess Fiona

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Yeah another Canine Good Citizen! Great work my pitties are so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Jhumpa!!! Your persona and your pack and your sweet self are the best! Rock on, girl!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jhumpa - Hurrah for you! You have become SO brave that everyone is talking about you! Now, just send lots of "brave" vibrations to Frodo, to help in brave school. Love and congratulations - Jean in Seaside and Miss AriMarie the PitMix