Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Bath for A Good Cause

I've been lucky. All of you have shown so much compassion for me and my former roomates. So when she suggested I give back a little, I jumped at the chance. Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with my buddy Ernie. Baths are the worst. But for the Western States Police Canine Association I decided to get wet. A couple of dog loving guys here own 34 pet stores in the Greater Bay Area and they held a fund raiser to help WSPCA buy vests to protect their police canines. The deal was, for one day last month, if I climbed into the bath, the money she paid for me to get wet all went to WSPCA. How could I say no to helping dogs needing protective vests when so many people helped me when I really needed it. So, I got wet. It wasn't pretty, but I gave back a little. And here's the proof.

15 comments:

Nichole said...

You're awesome Audie!

Astrid Keel said...

Awww! Audie, you look like yuo're ready to get out of the bath. Good for you for supporting such a good cause!

Boris said...

Audie Dude,

That is taking one for the team!

Did you get to play tug with the towels after? We've got these special collection that my folks call call swiss-cheese towels by pibbles.

You coat looks squeeky clean, like a new dog toy!

I'll check-back,

Boris

Ernie said...

Hey Audie, Glad you could help with the vests, and you look pretty handsome when you're all cleaned up. :-) My Lady brings me hotdogs when I hafta get in the bath-- hope you got some treats, too! Love, Ernie

Anonymous said...

Oh Audie- you don't look happy!
Yes - the towel wrestle game is the BEST!
Don't know why but my person has been giving extra luvin since thursday. I'll never figure out those crazy humans, but I'm not complaining!
Abbie

audie said...

Hey Boris, everybody around us needed towels by the time I was done shaking water off! I had a bit of fun getting the place wet.

Wendy said...

I just found this blog and love it! What a sweetie you are, Audie for taking that bath to help other dog's. I'm so glad that all of you are thriving and having such happy lives now in your new homes. :)

PoochesForPeace said...

good job audie! more pics more pics!!

megan colleen said...

Good Job Audie! I love the look you gave the camera while you were getting your bath. Very classic. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, it's the look that says "if I weren't a pit bull, I would so kill you for this"

lol

Anonymous said...

The look on your face made my day, Audie!! Thank you so much for being so fabulous!!! MWAH

Otter Mom said...

Audie, you are a very brave boy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you to all the people that worked so hard to save the "Vick Dogs". I knew that the dogs would recover with love. I really enjoyed this blog site.

Coastal Eddie

Anonymous said...

Audie, what a sweet thing you did! You are one of the most beautiful pups I've ever seen! And this picture is soo cute, it makes my heart melt.

Little Black Dog said...

Audie,
Nothing like good warm bath... and it's for a great cause too. Good job!!
LBD