Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Gym

A little while ago, for my adopt-a-day, my mom bought me a back yard and a gym. There is a house that came with my great back yard and gym, and its nice for naps and dinner, but its not nearly as good as my yard and gym.
The yard has nice green grass and its flat, which is really good for chasing tennis balls and squirrels. It is also great for playing with my flirt pole, which is one of my favorite things to do. Here is a video of me playing flirt pole with my foster sister, Winnie.

My gym is everything a dog would ever want. I have my treadmill and a spring pole set up. The spring pole is so great because I can tug and tug and it never gets tired, unlike my mom.
After we got the gym set up the very nice people at Grand Carpet Mill sent a brand new belt for my mill and a new harness. My new harness fits really well and my mom says we can start learning about weight pulling with it. The new belt is way better than the old one that was all worn out and had a hole in it. With my new gear in my new gym I can run and run and tug and tug until I am finally tired.
I am such a lucky dog! I have a great place to work out even when its raining outside so I don't annoy my mom and Lulu by bouncing too much.

I think its making me look buff and handsome too. What do you think?
Hugs,
Uba

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. You deserve nothing but the best. I want to let you know that you are in my prayers along with all the other good pits out there that are patiently waiting for their forever homes. I pray yours comes soon. I have nothing but love for the most misunderstood breed.
God Bless,
Wanda & Snoop

Anonymous said...

Yes you do look great, Uba. Keep up the good work!

Lynn (in Louisiana) said...

My goodness, I didn't recognize Uba in the first photo! He's surely grown up into a beautiful boy! And, I think you're a great dog mom Lettie. Thank you for blogging.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy he has such a wonderful home! One lucky lil pup there!

Anonymous said...

Uba, you are a lucky boy! And an absolute hunk!!

Heather Cherry said...

Uba Gooba, I've missed you! But have been getting news of you vicariously through your sweet buddy Winnie. You are looking crazy buff! I hardly recognized you.

Shed Pal said...

Uba, you are lucky, be a good boy..:) You looks adorable..:) Thanks for sharing..

ForPetsSake said...

What a lucky pup - and of course you're buff and handsome ;)

Beth C said...

Uba - you are so buff in that last picture you hardly look like the same dog. I'm glad you are getting all that exercise to make you and Winnie nice and tired for your Mom. I love the picture of you two running so fast that you are both a blur. It's always nice to see your beautiful face in the blogs.

Dog Forum said...

Keep up the good work, Uba seems to be doing really well. He has certainly packed on some muscle.

Beth C said...

Oh- i just realized the picture with you and Winnie as a big blur of running dogs is on Winnie's blog. Doh! Well, like Heather said, it's great to keep up with you through Winnie. Hugs and kisses to you Uba

Charmine's Hope said...

Oh Uba! You are so lucky! I'm telling my mom to go look at some of your gym toys. I don't like many toys unless it tastes REALLY good, or if it is our 6 foot long rope pull. She wants to find me some healthy toys so me and the pup quit pulling at each other's necks. Mostly puppy, I only pull back when I'm tired of puppy doing it, or I'm really wound up. I am so happy you have your furever home too Uba!

2beemo said...

Wow lookit your muscles! Stud-muffin alert!! xoxo

Lake Oswego Vet said...

I am so amused by your dialogues:-) yes, I agree, that gym really made your pets look buff and handsome:-)

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that the "gym" is a good thing for pitbulls ( otherwise known as the athletes of the dog world)to keep them tired and happy? Expending their energy on workouts and playing leaves not much left over?